Buscar este blog

20 jun 2021

Anglès C1.2. Accèssit. Ana Maria Dora Parera

Small gesture, touching memories

I must admit that I have been running many times from one place to another looking for pets, toys, games, in the belief that it would bring supreme and lasting happiness to my beloved ones. However, no sooner had I arrived home after several hours of hard searching than I knew, in the depths of my heart, it had not been worth having spent so much time away from the people I loved the most. Not only was I exhausted, but I was also in a bad mood. Besides, the joy over the presents could last a day, at best. It was the last straw. I noted that and from them on I decided to change my way of proceeding with the certainty that it is the small gestures of love that will become undying and touching memories. What will be with us throughout our life are the brushstrokes of tenderness in which what really matters is being close to each other. Material things fade over time, unlike the devotion and love we bestow to each, which is perdurable and priceless.