Buscar este blog

17 jun 2021

Anglès B2.2. Accèssit. Maria Lluïsa Escarrer Amengual

NEITHER SENSE NOR SENSIBILITY

It was a bright morning in May 2021 at Port de Sóller, I was twenty-two and I was studying hard to finish my law degree the following June. Suddenly, I felt a chill and it was hard for me to breathe. Since the total lockdown the previous year, I had begun to suffer from claustrophobic attacks regularly, especially when I was studying. As a consequence of the pandemic, the university course had been online which was hard and dull, and moreover, lacked the feeling of closeness to fellow classmates.
The day was wonderful, and I really needed fresh air, so I decided to go to the beach and try to forget my discomfort. 149
I was relaxing at the beach, observing the beauty of the environment, and thinking how different the Port de Sóller was the previous year. As a result of the Covid crisis, which was a humanitarian catastrophe, there was no overcrowding.