Buscar este blog

11 jun 2021

Anglès B2.1. Accèssit. Maria del Carmen Romero Borrallo

The Turkish invasion.

I have the strange feeling of being invaded by Turkish soap operas. I turn on the television and there they are, at all hours. They are advertised on programs and even on the news. The product is offered and has already been sold.
Years ago the same thing happened with Venezuelan soap operas. I was a teenager when I saw my grandmother hurry up in the kitchen to sit in front of the television and not miss a new chapter of the hundreds that those soap operas had. My grandmother enjoyed love stories but she also suffered with them. Those stories made her forget everything and not think about anything other than the protagonists. They were so successful that it marked an entire decade of the 90s and in many homes nothing was heard other than the names of those actresses, names of precious stones such as Emerald, Topaz or Ruby.
Today few people are unaware of the adventures of Serkan and Eda because now we have to live the decade of the Turkish invasion.