Buscar este blog

3 may 2021

Anglès C1.1. Relat guanyador. Francisca Cristina Poncell Bermúdez

Fleeting encounter

I fell in love with you the first and only time I saw you. Gorgeous in your black tailor-made suit, your face (the wide front, the right nose, the juicy lips, the skin so white and unspoiled covered by a subtle make-up) reminded me of the bust of a roman emperor. I must confess that the expensive watch in your wrist shocked me a bit, given the circumstances. As you would have agreed if you had had the opportunity to get to know me better, I am not the materialistic type and it was not neither your physical appearance nor your social position that arrived to my heart, but your soul, revealed in the peace of your expression and in the mystery of your smile. Time flew by the few moments we spent together, me staring at you, you lying close to me, your eyes sweetly closed and oblivious to my presence, in that mahogany coffin with bronze ornaments which suited so well with your unruly hazel hair...