Buscar este blog

10 may 2021

Anglès B2.2. Relat guanyador. Nieves Rios Aguilo

My grandfather realized he hadn’t been able to convince my grandmother he was a good match, she still had doubts about him. Then he came up with something. He knew my grandmother loved to dance, however he didn’t know how to take a step, so one day he appeared under her house with a radio and told her he was looking forward to going out to dance with her, but he would need some dance classes first. She couldn’t resist anymore and from that day on, their love story began, and in less than 6 months he popped the question. The proposal wasn’t easy, since my grandmother’s parents didn’t see him very kindly either. My grandfather is “chuetó” which it means that he descends from Jews and this in Majorca in those days gave a very bad reputation since they were seen as unreliable people and even criminals. Finally, my grandmother’s parents agreed to the engagement on the condition when things went wrong (because they already took it for granted) she wouldn’t be able to come back home.