Buscar este blog

24 jun 2022

ANGLÈS B2- Mari Carmen

 I have lived in the same community for 20 years, Alzamora 56.

I remember the first day we arrived at the block, I remember the keys in my hand and how excited we were to open the door of our new home.
With hope and enthusiasm we started to live together in the community where everything promised to be peaceful, but nothing could be further from the truth.
Living in a community involves many things, above all a high dose of patience, which is difficult to bear when you refuse to accept the noise made by others and which prevents you from having a moment of peace.
There are so many times I have felt goosebumps looking at the ceiling that the impotence of knowing that nothing can be done makes you blaspheme.
It could be the age or that my sensitivity to noise has increased. What is certain is that lately I dream of the same thing at night. I dream that I live in another house, where I only hear one thing, the echo of my footsteps.