Buscar este blog

6 may 2020

Anglès B1. Accèssit. Liliana Carolina Gómez Tarazona

Dedicated to my brother:
""One day I opened my eyes and I woke up in a reality that I never imagined, but there I was giving my face for my family. I was starting my three days journey to Colombia to buy food, I had been doing it since two years because in Venezuela you was not able to buy nothing. I woke up at five in the morning and was already on the bus which will carry me across the country to a city close to the border, near the paths called trochas that I would walk to the Simon Bolivar Bridge to get to Cucuta, bags in hand I began to walk towards Colombia, buying the food and carrying it on my back I began my way back, I had until 9 pm, closing time of the brigde to get there, I could not distracted because the bus to return home awaits to us. My treasure was with me, the green color of hope always had been with me"".
The life of many Venezuelans is like that, they walk for their lives like my brother. I call them the green walkers, because the hope always identifies them.