Buscar este blog

8 jun 2023

ANGLÈS C1 - ZOE SANDOVAL

 The Reencounter

Chaos. 

   The vase is nothing but fragmented pieces of glass. The roses and the water which used to be inside of it are splitted on the floor. 

   Kenneth is tumbling and shouting while Talia is shouting more and closing the door. 

   Thomas is- 

   Thomas is bleeding. The back of his head is bleeding while he falls to the ground. 

   As my fingers type the police contact, I run to him but I can’t hold all of his weight. Making both of us end up on the floor. The collar of his shirt is a red stain. 

   “Look at me. Thomas, look at me!” I can’t control my voice tone. I am in pure hysteria. He blinks several times. His eyelashes flap but the action gets sloppier. 

   He tries to move. “Don’t even try it”, I warn him, touching his face with one hand, while the other makes pressure on the wound. His eyes go shut. I repeat his name. It isn’t until the third time that he opens them and says: “Miah?” And then  something else breaks behind me. 

    “911, what’s your emergency?”