Buscar este blog

30 abr 2020

Anglès C2. Relat guanyador. Aina Beltran Bestard

SAFE PLACE
Outdoors it is a crystal clear Sunday morning. Having my heart pounding fast, the adrenaline surging through my body and gasping in awe, I venture myself in the streets surrounded by strangers strolling around with indifference. Not only am I scanning my whereabouts in frantic sweeps, but also clasping my bag like it were my lifeline. I dash along the crossing, not waiting for the green light. No time to lose, although my limping is lagging my pace. I need to get there before he traps me!
My ankle is swelling and becoming harder to bear, yet I reminisce the menaces he planted in my mind, so revulsion strikes me like a thunderbolt. His expressive wolfish scowl hounds me. I sob. What I realise then is that tears are streaming down my cheek and my vision is blurry. The ever-present dread fills my gut with nausea. Albeit overwhelmed, I am engrossed in my goal. Were I able to do a bunch of strides, I would attain help. Just a few steps more Rose and you will be in safe hands!"