Buscar este blog

19 jul 2023

ANGLÈS C1 - ANA ISABEL RÍOS

 A piece of advice

"There she was, getting ready for her meeting, in front of her large mirror. Until she came.

- What are you looking at!

- …

- Oh, really?! You’re just going to stay muted like always? Like nothing happened?

- …

- Is it me? I guess you’re not responding because I’m neither enough for you nor for your magnificent future, which is made up with soft and expensive fabrics. Neither for your frantic trips. I'm not even good enough to appear on your online broadcasts, because your reality is not appealing. Then, what are you actually showing your viewers?

- …

- Your existence is disgusting. Don't you see it?! Can’t you even look at me? Can you get rid of that tool?

- …

- I shouldn't have lost my time with this. You're lost into that device. Now that you're addicted to it, you'll continue feeding that addiction. I guess I never truly knew you.


After this monologue she turned around, slammed the door and left behind the pink mirror in which she was reflecting her monstrous fear: her reality."