Buscar este blog

3 jun 2020

Anglès B2. Accèssit. José Cándido López Fernández

When I was a nine-year-old kid, my brother, my sister and I were having a long walk at Elvina’s Park, in Coruna. We were all right and we decided to sit on a big granite’s stone to wait for the sunset. We were there, in silence for a while, enjoying the horizon, when we saw a tiny green spot over the sun for about two seconds. We didn’t know what it was but we kept it a secret for sometime until we forgot it all.
Fifteen years later I began to watch many Rohmer’s films, thanks to the film library and thanks to my Gallicised mother. One day I fell over ‘The Green Ray’ and the souvenir of my childhood came as a thunder to me. I waited until the end of the film and then I ran as a Thomson’s gazelle to tell my brother and sister the whole story.
I felt a little shocked when I noticed they, despite all my efforts, had fully forgotten the greenish incident but not the walk and the silent sunset we shared. As a matter of fact, they were right, the green ray was not the important thing.