Buscar este blog

6 jun 2020

Anglès B2. Accèssit. Adrián Olmo Cerro

MY MOTHER
This is a real story. Unfortunately, I have grown up in a mixture of feelings between hate and apprehension to my father since I saw him hitting my mum for the first time. How could understand that extremely heartrending situation a-3-years old boy?
Nevertheless, I have never let myself lose control of my fears although I knew since I was a child that my mother and I could die. Every day I had deep thoughts about why life was so unfair to us, why I had to live with a man who enjoyed drinking alcohol and defaming the most incredible woman and mother in the world. While my mum was an absolutely sorrowful shadow of what she used to be, at the age of 18 I could not stand that terrifying situation any longer and I faced him.
Ten years late I didn’t hesitate to go to the hospital some hours before he died of cancer. I ask that poor man to look at my GREEN eyes, the same colour of my mum’s. Suddenly, he stopped breathing and we didn’t have to confront our challenging faces anymore.